- 4. User Accounts. In order to gain access to some features of the Site, you will have to create a user account (“User Account“) by completing and submitting the Create an Account form (“Account Form“) located at https://sacramentopress.com/usertools/add. In order to complete the Account Form, you must provide certain information, including a unique username and a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use the User Account, username, or password of someone else at any time. You agree to notify Sacramento Press immediately regarding any unauthorized use of your User Account, user name, or password. Sacramento Press shall not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Sacramento Press, its affiliates, officers, members, managers, employees, consultants, agents, or representatives due to someone else’s use of your User Account, username, or password.
- 5. Use of Software. Sacramento Press may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, “Software“) are deemed to be licensed to you by Sacramento Press for your personal, noncommercial, home use only. Sacramento Press does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Sacramento Press retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos related to the Software are owned by Sacramento Press or its licensors, and you may not copy or use them in any manner without written permission from Sacramento Press.
- 6. User Content.
- License. You grant Sacramento Press a license to use the materials you post to the Site or Service. By posting, uploading, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content“) to the Site or Service, you are granting Sacramento Press, its affiliates, officers, members, managers, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the business of Sacramento Press, its affiliates, officers, members, managers, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including, without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Sacramento Press may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or through the Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute the User Content.
- Responsible Party. You understand and agree that User Content is the responsibility of the user from which such User Content originated. You agree that any information you provide to Sacramento Press is and will be accurate, correct and up to date. You are fully responsible for any and all User Content that you post, upload, download, display, transmit, or otherwise distribute to the Site or Service. Under no circumstances shall Sacramento Press be held liable for any errors or omissions in any User Content.
- Immunity. You acknowledge that Sacramento Press is considered a “provider/user of an interactive computer service” as defined in the Communications Decency Act, 47 U.S.C. §230, and therefore is immune from liability resulting from any false or inaccurate information contained on the Site.
- 7. Rules of Conduct.
- Use respectful language. Like any community, the online community flourishes only when users feel welcome and safe. You agree not to use language that abuses or discriminates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, disability, etc. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate and permanent termination of your User Account.
- Use the Service only in a noncommercial manner. You agree not to, without the express approval of Sacramento Press, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services. Sacramento Press aims to provide a place for people to share and discuss topics related to the news. Self-promotion, advertising, and posting links to drive traffic elsewhere for your personal or financial gain is prohibited.
- Disclosure of Relevant Personal and Professional Affiliations. You agree to include a “disclosure line” within any article that you submit for publication by Sacramento Press if you have a personal or professional interest in the subject matter of such article. The “disclosure line” should clearly identify the nature of your personal or professional interest in the article. For instance, if you submit an article for publication that describes a fundraising event that your company sponsored, you need to briefly identify the nature of your relationship with your company, including your job title, in the “disclosure line”. You further agree to edit the “Occupation” and/or the “About Me” sections of your User Account, if appropriate, to include any relevant affiliations prior to submitting any article for publication by Sacramento Press in which you have a personal or professional interest.
- 8. Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content“) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User Account. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
- 9. Copyright Infringement. Sacramento Press has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. Sacramento Press has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension of the User Account of any user who is found to have infringed on the rights of Sacramento Press or of a third party, or who otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations. Sacramento Press’s policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to its attention.If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Content or other content infringes upon your copyright, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA“) by providing our copyright agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Sacramento Press’s designated copyright agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:
Macer Media LLC Attn: Copyright Infringement Agent 431 I Street Suite 107 Sacramento, CA 95814 Email: email@example.com Phone: 916-443-5403 Fax: 916-443-6825.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 9, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- 10. Prohibited Uses. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation:
- accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;”
- using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions or advertisements for products or services;
- forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or
- attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Sacramento Press in providing the Site or Service.
Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
- 12. No Warranties. Sacramento Press does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed through the Service by any user, information provider or any other person or entity. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk. SACRAMENTO PRESS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. SACRAMENTO PRESS IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SACRAMENTO PRESS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SACRAMENTO PRESS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
- 13. Limited Liability. SACRAMENTO PRESS’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SACRAMENTO PRESS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY SACRAMENTO PRESS. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
- 19. No License. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Sacramento Press or by any third party.