Celebrating 35 years as a center for culture, creativity and vibrancy, the Midtown Association applauds small business owners and organizations throughout the district that are finding innovative ways to connect with the community by offering a variety of exciting (and ever-expanding) digital activations.
While additional activities are certain to be added in the days and weeks ahead, listed below is a sampling of virtual experiences – that are either free or low cost – being offered by Midtown entrepreneurs, businesses and partners via their websites, social media channels and/or popular digital platforms (such as Zoom, YouTube, etc.):
- B Street Theatre – creative-in-quarantine virtual hangouts on Wednesday and Saturday evenings
- Capital City Beads – online DIY jewelry making tutorials
- Capital Stage – “At Home with Actors” video blogs
- Flamingo House – online The Requiem Room live music broadcasts
- Painted Cork – virtual painting classes where individuals pick up kits in advance
- Sacramento Comedy Spot – streaming online shows or Top 10 List podcasts
- Sacramento Republic FC – player podcasts and #RepublicRewind videos of past games
- Visit Sacramento – podcasts that showcase local businesses, destinations and influencers
- Fleet Feet – Runner Bingo plus virtual 5K, 10K & half marathon with virtual training
- P2O Hot Pilates & Fitness – streaming online classes and Teacher Training Certification
- Sacramento Eco Fitness – streaming online classes (individuals who have been laid off can apply for 45 days of free online boot camp classes)
- Solfire Yoga – virtual classes available via Zoom twice daily and Yin Yang Teacher Training
- TEAMRide – streaming online classes with unlimited access to a robust class library
- Urban Yogi Studio – virtual classes such as “Dharma & Coffee: Intro to the Philosophy of Yoga”
- Zuda Yoga – virtual wellness, yoga and/or meditation classes
- SMUD – engaging energy-focused online lessons for children (K-12) plus “Transforming How We Build” videos dedicated to high performance, regenerative design for adults
- Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park – how-to children’s videos about topics such as “How to Make Hard Tack,” “How to Make a Paper Boat,” etc.
For more information about Midtown Sacramento, please visit www.exploremidtown.org or follow on social media – Facebook at www.facebook.com/exploremidtown/ and @ExploreMidtown on Instagram and Twitter.