Flying Dry in the Wetlands. Even at the height of the dry season, there’s plenty to see on a late afternoon stroll through Cosumnes River Preserve. Photo by Tony Sheppard.
Explore the Site
- Live music from headliners the The Wood Brothers, plus Logan Brill (named by Cosmopolitan as one of “eight female country artists you should be listening to”) and local sensations IdeaTeam
- Farm-to-fork food from SaveMart, Raley’s, local food trucks and more
- Wine selections from Clarksburg Wine Growers & Vintners Association and pours from area breweries
- Aperitifs: Local Olives and Roasted Nuts, Three Ladies Café Lavender Lemonade & Herb water, Matchbook Wines Tinto Rey Rosé, Hemly Pear Hard Cider
- Lunch: Mixed Heirloom Tomatoes (local olive oil, sea salt, and basil, Bella Bru Sweet Baguettes & Local Olive Oil, Aioli) local eggs, Grilled Leg of Lamb with Herbs from Superior Farms, Summer Shelling Bean Salad (vegan), Legumes ~ fresh herbs, olive oil, sea salt, Grilled Vegetables ~ Roasted beets, sweet peppers, eggplant, summer squash, romano beans, Fingerling Potatoes, Local Organic Hard-cooked Eggs
- Dessert: Green & Hemly Pear Galette, Fresh Figs, Coffee
SEPTEMBER 4 - OCTOBER 1, 2018, UCP of Sacramento and Northern California presents STEPtember. Participants are challenged to take 10,000 steps per day OR the step equivalent of 40 fitness
SEPTEMBER 4 – OCTOBER 1, 2018, UCP of Sacramento and Northern California presents STEPtember. Participants are challenged to take 10,000 steps per day OR the step equivalent of 40 fitness activities including cycling, swimming, yoga, dance and cross fit!
Team leaders create teams of 4 who compete and motivate each other along the way. STEPtember is fun and a perfect tool for teambuilding! Teams compete with steps and funds raised for programs and services supporting people with developmental disabilities, including autism and cerebral palsy.
Track your steps with a pedometer (supplied) or your own fitness tracker (FitBit, Garmin, Apple Health) and record your progress on the exclusive STEPtember website or mobile App. Participants receive an online page to track their
steps and team ranking as well as share their journey with co-workers, friends, family.
Participants will also be invited to an exclusive and interactive Facebook Group where motivational videos and messages keep participants engaged throughout the campaign.
All funds raised by participants supporting UCP will remain in the greater Sacramento community.
Sign up today at https://www.steptember.us/ucp/norcal
September 4 (Tuesday) 6:00 am - October 1 (Monday) 11:45 pm
Designed to showcase and celebrate where our food and drinks come from, the Farm-to-Fork Festival brings us face-to-face with the people who are feeding our region and the world. The free
Designed to showcase and celebrate where our food and drinks come from, the Farm-to-Fork Festival brings us face-to-face with the people who are feeding our region and the world.
The free festival hosted on the city’s iconic Capitol Mall boasts a delicious selection of Farm-to-Fork offerings that are produced and available in the Sacramento region. Attendees will find food, wine and beer from regional eateries and purveyors, as well as live music, live cooking demonstration stages, a kids’ zone, interactive booths from local grocers, farms and ranches and more!
Friday Night Kick-off Activities, 4pm-9pm:
Saturday Festival Activities, 11am-6pm:
28 (Friday) 4:00 pm - 29 (Saturday) 6:00 pm pst
The Village Feast commences upon the closing of Saturday’s Davis Farmers Market — America’s Favorite Farmers Market — in celebration of September’s Sacramento-region Farm to Fork Month. Yolo County puts
The Village Feast commences upon the closing of Saturday’s Davis Farmers Market — America’s Favorite Farmers Market — in celebration of September’s Sacramento-region Farm to Fork Month. Yolo County puts the “farm” in America’s Farm to Fork Capitol, and so we come together to enjoy and honor the bounty of our local farmers. Guests bring their own table settings, arriving with baskets filled with the necessary plates, silverware, glasses, and napkins, before aperitifs are served—with olives, nuts, and local light wines. With friends and neighbors gathered around, sharing a table and raising our glasses, we feast.
(Saturday) 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm pst
Central Park - Davis
401 C Street, Davis, CA 95616
Mayday Parade is headlining the Welcome To Sunnyland Tour at Ace of Spades! The American rock band from Florida will be accompanied by music from