Saturday mornings in Midtown often welcome a family-friendly environment throughout the year, with a local grandstand of agriculture, floriculture and one-of-a-kind arts and craftsmanship work at the Midtown Farmers Market.
While the market has become a weekend staple in the heart of Midtown, the new spring season will bring about new changes this weekend as the market will expand a half-block in size to accommodate up to 90 farmer, grower and vendor booths. Sponsored by Sutter Health and managed by Unseen Heroes, the Midtown Farmers Market, originally launched in 2013, will take place on 20th Street as usual.
A few new season highlights during the month of April include the return of the bike valet in partnership with Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates along with the following:
- April 1 (11 a.m.) – Chef Demo Rick Mahan, Chef/Owner of the Waterboy with an enter-to-win raffle prize opportunity
- April 8 – Second Saturdays with talented artisans offering hand-crafted specialty goods
- April 15 (10 a.m.) – Easter at the Market with a FREE egg hunt for children
- April 22 – Know Your Grow with hands-on food-related educational experiences
- April 29 – Special sidewalk sales and sampling
Midtown Sacramento is both walkable and bike-friendly with parking available in nearby garages located at 1801 L Street or the East End Garage on 17th Street between L & Capitol plus various lots throughout Midtown.
For more information, visit MidtownFarmersMarketSac.com.