Countdown to the 2015 Sacramento Fashion Week (SACFW) has begun to pickup speed in the last couple of months.
Recently a SACFW production meeting was held at Sacramento’s Art Institute. Duane Ram, DMR Producer, led the discussion, covering topics such as designer requirements, the venue, events and dates for 2015 Sacramento Fashion Week, which will take place on the week of Feb. 15-21.
SACFW will also be introducing participating designers at a Masquerade Holiday Fashion Affair on Thursday, Dec. 18 from 6-9 pm. Each designer will display one of their designs at the mixer.
The Masquerade Affair takes place at The Find/ Studio 817 (817 16th Street). The mixer will include complementary hours d’oeuvres, an open cash bar, photo boot and models dressed as Santa’s helpers.
In an effort to introduce the fashion industry to the Sacramento community SACFW presented a free Modeling 101 workshop at the Art Institute of California on Nov. 22.
Although attendance was not high, SACFW, in my opinion, presented a well-organized and valuable workshop that would have cost around $300 or more.
The free workshop presented everything needed to become a model. Topics included how to audition, what to bring, what to wear, and how to dress, walk and pose.
Valuable information was introduced by newscaster Veronica Castro, model Victoria Biruk and Visual Artist/Photographer/Modeling Instructor/Fashion and Visual Merchandiser Gerry Simpson. Other SACFW staff also discussed and displayed samples of model comp cards and portfolios.
The model workshop was a great prelude to the 2015 SACFW experience.
SACFW 2015 will begin on Sunday Feb. 15. Schedule highlights include:
- The Launch & Boutique Show will kick off SACFW at the California Auto Museum on Feb. 15. Boutiques will be announced at a later date.
- Feb. 16’s Fashion Forum will move from Sac State to the Art Institute of California. A Model Boot Camp Workshop will he held at Sac State on Tuesday and a Social Media Workshop will also be held with the time and location to be announced at a later time.
- Wednesday, Feb. 18 will bring a Hair & Makeup Workshop and Fashion on Film Exhibition at a place and time to be determined.
- The fashion showcases will begin with the Emerging Designers Showcase to be held, for the first time, at the Railroad Museum in Old Sacramento on Feb. 19.
- A Spring/Summer Showcase will be presented on Friday, Feb. 20 and a Fall/Winter Collection will be featured on Saturday, Feb. 21, thus concluding the 2015 SACFW showings.
Most of the designers for this year’s event will be showing their designs for the first time at SACFW but some designers will return for their second year.
The Dec. 18 Masquerade Affair provides great networking opportunities for media, models, photographers, local educational and industry leaders and representatives.