What we’re looking for:
Food & Drink
What we’re NOT looking for:
How to contribute
Note that Editors must approve new writers before they’re able to contribute. Editors will also review posts before they go live on the site.
Creating an account:
- Click “Join” on the homepage and fill out the account form.
- Fill out the “About Me” section to tell us a little about yourself and the topics you want write. Check “Interested in contributing?” before completing sign up.
- You’ll receive an email to confirm your account.
- Log in and add a photo of yourself and relevant information by hovering over your name in the top right corner and clicking on “Edit Profile”.
If you already have an account:
- Log in and hover over your name in the top right corner and click “Edit Profile”.
- Near the bottom of the page, check the “Interested in contributing?” box and save changes.
Once you’ve indicated that you’d like to contribute by creating an account, an editor from SacPress will contact you within three-five business days to discuss how to contribute. If approved to contribute, your user account will be modified to reflect that.
- Upon approval, log in and click Write in the header of the homepage to go directly to Add New Post page. Or click Posts on the admin sidebar and select “Add New”.
- To add photos or videos, click “Add Media” beneath the title bar. Upload individual items under Insert Media or Set Featured Image. Create photo galleries under Create Gallery.
- Once content is created–including title, body, tags, and media, if desired–click “Submit a Draft”. A draft will be submitted to Editors, who will publish if deemed worthy.