Want to write for us? At the core, The Sacramento Press is a collaboration of professional journalists and volunteers. Our aim is to tell stories that would otherwise go untold and foster healthy communication within our community. Together we can build a healthier media ecosystem in Sacramento. If you want to contribute articles, event postings or media like photo galleries it’s easy, but we have changed a few things.
- Editors must approve new writers
- Editors will review posts before they go live on the site
If you’re interested in contributing, here’s how:
First, you’ll need an account on our site.
If you do not already have an account:
- Click the “Join” button in the header and fill out the account form.
- Check the “Interested in contributing?” box near the end, then click Complete Sign Up.
- You’ll receive an email to confirm your account.
If you already have an account:
- Log in here: http://www.sacramentopress.com/login
- On the top right, hover over your name and select “Edit Profile.”
- Near the bottom of the page, check the “Interested in contributing” box and save your profile
Once you’ve indicated that you’d like to contribute, an editor from SacPress will contact you within three business days to discuss how to contribute. If you’re selected to help write for the site, your user account will be modified to reflect that.
- To create content on the site as a contributor, use the “+ New” link in the admin bar to navigate to Posts, Media, or Events. You can also click the “Write” link in the header to go right to the Create Post page.
- Once you’ve created content, it comes in as a pitch and it’s up to the Editors to publish, if deemed worthy.
- You can see the content you’ve created under Posts or Events in the admin sidebar. If you have content in the system, this will default to your posts (only drafts and pitches can be edited). You can see all posts in the system by using the links above.
- As a contributor, you’re also able to add topics and replies in the forum.