9. Copyright Infringement. The Sacramento Press has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. The Sacramento Press has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension of the User Account of any user who is found to have infringed on the rights of The Sacramento Press or of a third party, or who otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations. The Sacramento Press’s policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to its attention.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Content or other content infringes upon your copyright, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA“) by providing our copyright agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The Sacramento Press’s designated copyright agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:
Macer Media LLC
Attn: Copyright Infringement Agent
431 I Street Suite 107
Sacramento, CA 95814
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 9, your DMCA notice may not be valid.