2013 Sacramento Mid-Century Modern Home
The 2013 Sacramento Mid-Century Modern Home Tour on Saturday, May 18, 2013 will feature seven homes plus 26 points of interest — including the interiors of some special, not-often seen, mid-century modern buildings.
– a 1963 custom home based on hexagons (seen here in the photo) designed by William Koblik;
– a 1955 Eichler Home designed by Jones and Emmons that was the childhood residence of Olympic champion Mark Spitz;
– a 1970 Carter Sparks-designed / Streng-built home;
– a 1954 cinderblock duplex that epitomizes indoor-outdoor living;
– SacMod HQ – a 1961 Rickey and Brooks custom home;
– a 1950 Blomberg home with Basalite cinderblocks – recently and beautifully renovated with a keen eye on a tight budget;
– a 1955 Eichler Home designed by Jones and Emmons with a 1962 addition and innovative light fixture designed by architect Grant Caywood.
The tour also includes our highly requested Vintage Transportation Show at the starting point of the tour (Sacramento Executive Airport) as well as special vehicles in front of each home. Tour attendees will enjoy goodies, swag and surprises. Local designers, artists, businesses and other folks will be participating at various stops. Guaranteed to be fabulous and not to be missed! On tour day, be sure to take plenty of pictures, as we have an instagram contest in the works- details to come soon.
Vintage transportation show open from 9:00am to12:30pm
Tour registration and exhibits open from 9:30am to 2:30pm
Homes and other tour locations open from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
Stay in touch with tour updates and look for cameos regarding the featured homes on SacMod’s FB page (facebook.com/sacmod), our blog (sacmcmhometour.blogspot.com/), and local magazines and newspapers.
Tickets available via Brown Paper Tickets through 9:00am on May 15. sacmod.brownpapertickets.com
$20 SacMod members or $30 general admission for advanced sales. You can join SacMod and get the discounted member rate at any time. Purchase memberships via the "Add to Cart" link in the upper left hand corner of our blog (sacmcmhometour.blogspot.com).
No guarantees of ticket availability on the day of the event. Check our blog and facebook page for an update after advanced ticket sales have closed. Any tickets purchased at the door will be sold via credit card only, at the increased rate of $30 for SacMod members and $40 general admission.
Disclosure: I am a member of SacMod's board.