Your Favorite Neighborhood just got Merrier!
2nd Annual 12 Days of Midtown
Midtown Sacramento is all dressed up for the holiday season with events and specials that are sure to fill visitors and residents with holiday cheer. Festivities will occur December 1st – December 12th with a variety of activities for all ages. The 2nd Annual event will feature various local businesses throughout the Midtown district.
The 12 Days of Midtown kicks off with the Winter Wine & Jazz Mixer featuring the Sacramento Philharmonic on Thursday, December 1st. The full calendar of merry activities includes a Hot Toddy contests at Santa’s Tavern (The Golden Bear), a gingerbread cookie workshop at artBEAST, Santa’s Workshop at the MARRS Building, multiple holiday showcases by the region’s best performing arts organizations, and of course unique shopping opportunities and holiday sales.
Also back for its 2nd year is the Light Up Midtown contests. MBA has challenged 100’s of businesses to transform their store-fronts into the most impressive winter wonderland that their elves can engineer. Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 businesses, with the top Midtown business receiving a $1,000 advertising grant. Resident and visitors are encouraged to vote. One lucky voter will win a $100 Gift Card to a Midtown business of their choice.
Plus for the 15th year in a row the City of Sacramento is providing Midtown with FREE Street metered parking all day on weekends and after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays through December 25th. So grab your loved ones and a pair of mittens, and check our events listing below for all your Midtown holiday happenings!
12 Days of Midtown events include:
• “Winter Wine & Jazz Mixer featuring the Philharmonic” Kennedy Gallery & Headhunters | Dec 1
• “SGMC Holiday Concert” First United Methodist Church | Dec 2
• “Santa’s Workshop” MARRS Building | Dec 3
• “Midtown Monthly’s Holiday FUNRaiser” Luigi’s Fungarden | Dec 3
• “Free Holiday Gift Wrapping” French Cuff Consignment | Dec 4
• “Gingerbread Cookie Decorating Party” ArtBeast Studio | Dec 5
• “Santa’s Tavern & Hot Toddy Competition” Golden Bear | Dec 6
• “Every Christmas Story Ever Told” Capital Stage | Dec 7
• “Holiday Shopping Kick-Off Party” MAIYA Gallery | Dec 8
• “The Nutcraker, Opening Night” Community Center Theater | Dec 9
• “Emigrant Christmas” Sutter’s Fort | Dec 10
• “The Snow Queen” B Street Theatre | Dec 11
• “Season of Giving Blood Drive” BloodSource | Dec 12
Please check out exploremidtown.org for more information specific to each event.
Disclosure: Heather Philpott is the Communication & Events Manager at the Midtown Business Association and is a producer of the 12 Days of Midtown.