SACRAMENTO HOUSING AUTHORITY OPENS WAIT LISTS ON NOV 29

Editor’s Note: The Sacramento Press is not affiliated with The Sacramento Housing Authority. Please visit http://www.sacwaitlist.com for more information.

The Sacramento Housing Authority will open wait lists for Public Housing and Downtown Elderly Project Based vouchers in the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV/formerly Section 8) programs for online applicants at 12:01 a.m., Monday, November 29, 2010.

Wait lists will open for public housing that is owned and managed by the Housing Authority.

Another wait list will open for project based vouchers in housing designated for Elderly families. The head of household spouse or the co-head of household must be at least 55 or older to apply and priority is given to families aged 62 and older.

The vouchers are not transferable to other housing on the private market.

Applicants may apply online directly to the communities where they want to live.

Online pre-application submission is recommended since applicants will be placed on the wait lists according to the date and time the application is submitted, and by the number of bedrooms needed.

A confirmation receipt is immediately issued after the pre-application is submitted online.

To apply online for all wait lists opening on Monday, use any computer with Internet access and go to www.sacwaitlist.com.

The wait lists will remain open until further notice.

Paper pre-applications are available for the newly opened waiting lists at most community centers in the greater Sacramento area.

A complete list of the community centers is available at www.shra.org. On the website, click the Apply for Housing tab in the left menu.

November 29, 2010 | 12:29 AM

what happens if did it one day early and didnt know will they still get it

November 29, 2010 | 12:30 AM

the per housing app

February 25, 2011 | 4:27 PM

Hello, Quintia… If you received a confirmation number after you clicked on the “submit” button, your application was received. If you did not get a confirmation number, your application did not go through and you should reapply. The system will discard duplicate applications.

January 22, 2011 | 9:22 PM

I would like to apply for shra for Alder Grove waiting list my access code is prmtp48

February 25, 2011 | 4:30 PM

Hi… Access code are not needed if you applied on or after November 29, 2010. If you did not complete the application online after you received your access code when the wait list was previously opened, you can still apply for Alder Grove; however, your access code is no longer required.

February 25, 2011 | 1:52 PM

My name is Priscilla E Pablo I live in Fernley Nv i would like to be put on the waiting list for sacramento Shar housing i am unemployed here and i plan to be moving back to Sacramento there is no work here im about to be homeless my cell # is 775-225-5764 how do i aply thank you

February 25, 2011 | 4:31 PM

Hello, Ms. Pablo… You can apply online now at http://www.sacwaitlist.com.

mar
October 10, 2011 | 9:09 AM

hello, my name is maria hernandez, would like to do on-line application for section 8 housing, int the sacramento area. I have tried going thru your sacwaitlist. com and some how I get infor regarding selling me information… wanting me sign up for credit history agent cost…. I am 56 years old and am currently on social security disability. thank you for your assistance.
my email is hlupe36@yahoo. com
phone 707-838-4511.

February 25, 2011 | 2:43 PM

Hi everybody, please note that this is an article about the wait list, and not the list itself. Please don’t post personal details here, for your sake. As the article states, go to this website for more information:

February 25, 2011 | 4:23 PM

The Housing Authority is an entity under SHRA and is currently accepting applicants for the Public Housing/Conventional Housing wait list. Conventional Housing means housing that is owned and managed by the Housing Authority. There are units available for lease up now for eligible applicants. If you’re reading this message, you can apply online at http://www.sacwaitlist.com. If you don’t have access to a home or public computer with Internet access, paper applications are available at most community centers in Sacramento. Paper applications must be returned by U.S. mail. If you have already applied, you can check on the status of your application by calling the Housing Authority at (916) 440-1390. Please be advised that you should never disclose any of your personal information on the Internet when inquiring about your application. For more information, visit our website at http://www.shra.org and click on Apply for Housing in the left menu or, under the main navigation menu under the Housing tab, click on Public Housing.

April 13, 2011 | 4:36 PM

I would like to receive an application for section 8 ( to be filled out online ) . I have done this once before and was interviewed at my place.
Later I was told that my application was not received on time. That was unfair to me because it was done online. I am a senior person and would like to have a voucher so I can move into a place ground floor level. Right now I have a two bedroom apartment ,but it has up and down stairs.I don’t want to have to climb up and down stairs.

Also I would like to have some live with me, because I am 83 years old , That is one reason I want a two bedroom house and my balance isn’t very good.

I will appreciate a reply as soon as possible.
Zola Kindell

May 9, 2011 | 12:26 PM

Hello, yes I would like to receive an application for the Section 8,Public Housing/Conventional Housing wait list. If there any opening this is very important to me. I feel that I have not never got chance to enjoy the Housing Programs. I would like to have an chance to. And if think that my chance is here please help me with Program.I can be reached at (415) 424-6171(this is my number/please feel free to leave a message.Also,here’s my email ykeisha80@yahoo.com). Thank you. I really appreicat it contact me soon as possible.

May 9, 2011 | 1:58 PM

Keisha, please see author Angela Jones’ comments above. You will need to visit the SHRA website for further information. The Sacramento Press is no no way affiliated with SHRA.

mar
October 10, 2011 | 9:13 AM

My name is Maria Hernandez, 55yrs old, currently on Social Security Disability, would like to get on waiting list for section 8 housing in the sacramento area.
I have tried going on-line to apply thru sacwait.list.com, very difficult….cannot do a credit history report thru them unless I pay an agent . 15.00 dollars a month? is that right?
can you assist me?
hlupe36@yahoo.com
707-838-4511

October 10, 2011 | 10:28 AM

Hi mar,

You will need to visit the SHRA website for more information. I will send your information to the author of this article but please remember The Sacramento Press is not affiliated with SHRA. See author Angela Jones’ comment above.

October 10, 2011 | 3:09 PM

Hello, Mar… As I mentioned in my post on February 25, 2011, the wait list is open for Conventional Public Housing until further notice. You may complete the brief pre-application online at http://www.sacwaitlist.com using any computer with public access. Ask someone you trust to help you complete the application online. A credit report is not needed to apply for housing although a credit check will be done as part of the eligibility process. You can check the status of your application by calling the Housing Authority at (916) 440-1390 after waiting 3 to 4 weeks for it to be entered into the system. Unfortunately, the voucher wait list remains closed with no plans to open it in the foreseeable future. As a reminder, never leave your personal information such as your social security number or birthdate in an email or on a voicemail message.

August 27, 2012 | 2:47 PM

My name is Bernice Gamino and I had applied for housing in june 2012 when the list was opened. Since then i change my phone number so at this time what number would I call to update my phone number?

August 27, 2012 | 2:53 PM

I applied in june 2012 and on there it said there was going to be 3000 people pick in july 2012, is it true that if you don’t make the list you get a letter in the mail and if you do make it you get a phone call ? Is there a time that you guys will be placing those calls and mailing out them letters?

August 27, 2012 | 3:06 PM

Hi Bernice

This article was posted directly by the Sacramento Housing Authority and we have no affiliation to them.

I would encourage you to call them directly at (916) 440-1390 as we do not have that information.

September 13, 2012 | 5:14 PM

Is there any way to get any kind of status update as to where you are on the waitlist once your application has been successfully submitted and you have the confimation number?

September 13, 2012 | 5:49 PM

“dork”

Please see my comment above yours.