Neighborhood Disturbances – What Should You Do?

 Neighbors need to be aware of the fact that it’s good to call and report ANY neighborhood disturbances to the Sac PD. This keeps patrols up in our area and could reduce crime activity.

Call the Sacramento Police Department’s non-emergency line at 264-5471 if ever you are bothered by unreasonable neighborhood noise, crime, or vagrants in our area. If the disturbance is of an urgent nature, dial 911 (or 916-264-5151 from your cell phone). This will help keep the Sac PD in-the-know about any inappropriate action in our area such as domestic noise, garbage or other scavenging, potential theft activity, vagrants on your property, etc. In order to keep police street patrols active, disturbances must be reported.

Remember that this is our neighborhood and it will only get better with our active voices. Please do not hesitate to report problems & speak out! This is your home and sanctuary, after all.

Conversation Express your views, debate, and be heard with those in your area closest to the issue. RSS Feed

July 4, 2010 | 3:10 AM

Good stuff, Steve. Way to keep public safety out front. Great advice.

Profile photo of ccc
July 4, 2010 | 10:23 AM

what about dogs? there is no provision to assist people who have noisy dogs in their immediate vicinity. how about some help on that? the animal control laws favor the dog owner and it is easier to shut down a band or a party at 10pm than it is to get a dog to to be silenced at 2am-why do dogs get a better “shake” than people?

July 4, 2010 | 2:03 PM

back when the city had code enforcement staff they did deal with barking dogs. You can try 311 to report it – not sure what type of response you’ll get. We had a yappy dog down the street (due to a careless owner – not the dogs fault) and after a complaint to code enformcement the city sent a letter and it worked as it does 90% of the time – the threat of a fine is usually enough for most dog owners landlords. Good luck – barking dogs and un cared for dogs can be a real nuissance. Not sure what your remedies are if you live in the County.

Leave a Reply