Sacramento to Host: Harvey Milk-A Celebration!
The Harvey B. Milk Foundation and Founder, Stuart Milk, invites you to the Harvey Milk-A Celebration! on May 12th, 2010 at The California Museum.
Sacramento will host an event to launch the new Harvey B. Milk Foundation and to celebrate the first ever “Harvey Milk Day” – thanks to the California State Legislature and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s enactment of SB 572 last year, which declares every May 22nd Harvey Milk Day.
"The mission of the Harvey B. Milk Foundation, a not-for profit charitable organization, is to provide opportunities that lift up the LGBT community along with other marginalized communities. The foundation will preserve, promote and apply the legacy and universal values of civil rights leader Harvey B. Milk."
Join Stuart Milk; Anne Kronenberg; Speaker of the California Assembly, John A. Pérez; actress from Showtime’s “The L Word,” Daniela Sea; actor Chad Allen and many more!
More event information:
- VIP Reception from 5:30pm-7:30pm, featuring – Cost: $250 per ticket
- Guest celebrities to perform in a “Tribute to Harvey,” based on the award winning play “Dear Harvey.”
- Open bar and hors d’oeuvres.
- Entrance into The California Museum to view the Harvey Milk 2009 California Hall of Fame exhibit.
- Admission to Harvey Milk-A Celebration!
- Limited edition Harvey Milk-A Celebration! event poster.
- Harvey Milk-A Celebration! from 7:00pm-10:00pm, featuring – Cost: $50 per ticket
- Reception will be held in The California Museum Courtyard at the Constitution Wall.
- Open beer and wine bar and hors d’oeuvres.
- Performance by the Sacramento Gay Men’s Chorus.
- Speeches by: Stuart Milk, Anne Kronenberg, and other celebrity guests.
- Entrance into The California Museum featuring the Harvey Milk Exhibit, and a limited edition Harvey Milk-A Celebration! event poster.
Image details: 1). Harvey Milk with fellow advocates. 2). Harvey Milk-A Celebration! event poster. 3). Harvey Milk art
Go to the website for regular updates and VIP guest additions!
To learn more about Harvey Milk – A Celebration!