THE SACRAMENTO PRESS “PAINT THE TOWN PURPLE”
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
The Sweepstakes begins on October 6 and closes on October 12, 2009. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Sweepstakes Rules, which are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Please note, the majority of the King’s articles will be posted after 10/8/09.
(1) How to Enter: No purchase necessary.
Entrants can go to SacramentoPress.com, comment on any King’s related article and they will be automatically entered into the contest. Comments MUST coincide with a King’s related article or it will not qualify for the promotion/winnings. Please include the word “purple” in your comment. The online Sweepstakes will begin on October 6 and closes on October 12, 2009 at 11:59 pm. The Sacramento Press, The Sacramento Kings Limited Partnership, LP, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc. (a.k.a. Sponsors), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, licenses, directors, owners, employees and agents, assumes no responsibility for entries they are unable to process due to network, hardware or other technical failures, or for incomplete, damaged, misdirected, illegible or lost entries. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, operation of the website or otherwise in violation of the rules and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or modify this sweepstakes if not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, technical corruption, non-authorized human intervention or force majeure. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the sweepstakes is prohibited. Entrants can enter as often as they wish by commenting on various stories.
(2) Who Can Play: Sweepstakes is open to residents of California living within seventy-five (75) miles of ARCO Arena, except employees and immediate families (siblings and children) of The Sacramento Press, The Sacramento Kings Limited Partnership, LP, The National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, licenses, directors, owners, employees and agents.
(3) Grand Prize: One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from all of the “King’s comments” during the contest period to determine the winner. The winner will be chosen for the prize in a random drawing from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified on October 13, 2009 by 10 a.m… In the event the winner cannot be contacted or declines the prize, an alternate winner will be selected. “THE SACRAMENTO PRESS PAINT THE TOWN PURPLE” includes an opportunity for the winner and three guests to attend the Kings Preseason game on October 23rd. The winner (1 person) will have the opportunity to sit on Kings Press Row throughout the game. In addition, they will receive a tour of the arena and (4) personalized Kings jerseys. Total sweepstakes prize value is approximately $1500.
(4) Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes unless otherwise indicated. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize permitted except at the team’s option for a prize of comparable or greater value.
(5) Chances of winning are dependent on number of correct entries received prior to the end of the sweepstakes.
(6) The winning team’s name can be obtained after October 15, 2009, by writing to: “THE SACRAMENTO PRESS PAINT THE TOWN PURPLE” ARCO Arena, One Sports Parkway, Sacramento, CA 95834: Attention: HEATHER VAUGHAN
(7) Liability Agreement: By entering, entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify The Sacramento Press, Sacramento Kings Limited Partnership, LP, and/or the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the sweepstakes.
(8) In consideration for being awarded a prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of winner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by The Sacramento Press, The Sacramento Kings Limited Partnership, LP, and/or the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, except were prohibited by law.
(9) Sweepstakes void where prohibited.
Before being awarded a prize, potential winners must sign a Sacramento Kings Limited Partnership, LP, standard form of Declaration, Release and Waiver Form, releasing the Released Parties from any and all liability arising from, among other things: (i) participation in the Sweepstakes; and (ii) acceptance of the prizes awarded therein; and (iii) the administration of the Sweepstakes and distribution of the prizes awarded therein.
(10) Liability Agreement: By entering, entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify Sponsors, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each winner grants to Sponsors the right to the use of his or her name, likeness or photograph without compensation in any publicity or for promotional purposes carried out by the above parties. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise.
Sponsors, reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value and/or to terminate, modify or withdraw this Sweepstakes, in whole or in part (including altering the manner in which the prizes are distributed), at any time, without prior notice for any reason including, but not limited to, the delay or cancellation of the event for which the Grand Prize is awarded, or, if viruses, bugs, tampering or other causes beyond the Sponsors, control affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play or conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event a substitute prize is awarded, such prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise. Further, Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any person and void any entries of that person who it believes has tampered with the entry process or any other component of the Sweepstakes, whose conduct or action affects the administration, security or fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or who fails to meet or abide by the Sweepstakes Rules and conditions.
The Sacramento Press and The Sacramento Kings Limited Partnership, LP, does not assume any responsibility for tampering, theft, defects, viruses, human errors including negligence, deletions, technical or telephone, computer line, network, server, access providers, computer equipment or software problems, undeliverable messages, computer errors, lost, misdirected, late or incomplete entries or inaccurate capture of information or any online difficulties that may result in damage or malfunction the computer or the failure of Sponsors to process any entry and otherwise award any prize. Nor is responsibility assumed for printing errors appearing in these rules or related Sweepstakes materials. In addition, Sponsors, will not assume any responsibility of any nature whatsoever in all cases where their inability to hold the Sweepstakes or to remit the prizes to the winners results from a cause beyond their control, including Acts of God, weather conditions, strike, lock-out or other labor dispute. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should an attempt be made, Sponsors, reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.